– Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.>> Winston Churchill
– Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.>> John F. Kennedy
– It’s no longer a question of staying healthy. It’s a question of finding a sickness you like. >> Jackie Mason
– I want to get old gracefully. I want to have good posture, I want to be healthy and be an example to my children. >> Sting
– People who do not know how to keep themselves healthy ought to have the decency to get themselves buried, and not waste time about it. >> Henrik Ibsen
– He who takes medicine and neglects to diet wastes the skill of his doctors. >> Chinese Proverb
When you want more , just visit my blog on learning how to be healthy
Weight management means keeping your body weight at a healthy level.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR WEIGHT MANAGEMENT
To successfully manage your weight, some basic guidelines:
• Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet.
• Balance physical activity with diet to maintain your desired weight. Exercise will help increase muscle tissue and burn calories.
• Gradually adjust your eating habits to encourage a permanent lifestyle change. You may need counseling and behavior modification to change your diet.
• Avoid alcohol, or drink in moderation. Regular exercise and a healthy diet are crucial when it comes to controlling your weight. A weight management plan depends on whether you are overweight or underweight. An easy way to determine your own desirable body weight is to use the following formula:
• Women: 100 pounds for the first 5 feet of height plus 5 pounds for each additional inch.
• Men: 106 pounds of body weight for the first 5 feet of height plus 6 pounds for each additional inch.
• For a small body frame, 10% should be subtracted. For a large frame, 10% should be added. Body fat and body mass measurements are used to determine whether a person is under- or overweight. The recommended amount of body fat differs for men and women.
For women:• The recommended amount of body fat is 20 – 21%.A woman with more than 30% body fat is considered obese.
For men: • The recommended amount of body fat is 13 – 17%.A man with 25% body fat or higher is considered obese.
Control Your Weight
Changing the way you approach weight loss can help you be more successful at weight management. Most people who are trying to lose weight focus on just the goal of weight loss. However, setting the right goals and focusing on lifestyle changes such as following a healthy eating plan, watching portion sizes, being physically active, and reducing sedentary time are much more effective.
Healthy Weight Tip
Did you know that a reasonable and safe weight loss is 1–2 pounds per week? While it may take as long as 6 months to lose 5–10 percent of your body weight, it will make it easier to keep off the weight.
The wellness industry is a field of healthcare focused on improving everyday health and state of well being, rather than treating a disease or curing illness. Wellness can be looked at from either a consumer or corporate perspective. Activities often associated with wellness include yoga, fitness, outdoor activities, meditation, Pilates, massage therapy, healthy diet, organic living, and more.
So do not wait and start TODAY to be more HEALTHY than yesterday and look here for some solution .. to the best of your health ….. see you here